Thursday 2 July 2009

And so the story starts...late!

Best to give you a quick catch up...I'm late...again.

Not for the first time that must be said. I heard business is all about timing and not timings. I believe in the first, the second I'm working on.

I'm Simon and I'm now termed an entreprenuer - this isn't meant to sound like a counselling session. I found my path to business through a number of different paths. I'd love to start this blog by saying I had such a hard early life and I was rubbish at school so I had to battle to make this great life for myself. I can't lie to you though. I didn't have a bad early life, indeed quite the contratry, and I was very good (and loved school). I followed the tried and trusted route of GCSE's/A-Levels/Degree (Sheffield Hallam by the way) and ended up on a great graduate scheme with a great company. All sounds fantastic so far!

But for me that is also the point. It took me to the age of 29 (and 2 redundancies) to realise that what made me happiest was for me to take control of my life and just give it a go. And so we arrive to today - well actually I'm going to go back to last summer, July 2008 to the start of my newest venture, to give you an idea of what many people seem to think is impossible - starting a business in the credit crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment